Friday, March 30, 2012

SharePint with a twist

I have an idea for a SharePint with a twist. I feel that at any conference, user group meeting, SharePint etc., I always end up talking to the people in the community whom I already know. While this is comfortable, I would see it as beneficial to meet some of the other people in the room. Somehow that rarely happens.

To promote this, I was thinking of setting up a SharePint with a speed-meeting part of the evening. This is something that is done at a business club I belong to, and I find it extremely valuable. The basic idea is that a timer starts, you find someone random to talk to one on one, and in 5 minutes, you move on to the next person. Everyone participates so it removes the 'weirdness' of talking to new people.

Let me know if you would be interested in such a SharePint event. If I get enough interest I will organize something in Amsterdam.

No comments: