Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My New SharePoint Server

I started working on a SharePoint 2010 project this week, and I needed something to run it on. My MacBook Pro would cut it if I ran it native and not via Parallels, but I would then have to deal with dual booting, etc. More importantly, my MBP is in the shop cause I fried the keyboard when I spilled beer on it. :) Back on the trusty T43p until the MBP is fixed.

So I needed some way to run SharePoint 2010, and I didn't feel like buying another laptop. My solution: Mac Mini. Purists out there may be groaning, but hey, it's a fantastic little 64 bit machine with plenty of hardware resources to run SharePoint 2010. It is totally portable, and I can either use a screen at work to plug directly into it, or RDP from my laptop. For €750 it was the best solution I could come up with. Now if I could just get a speaking gig at a MS conference so I can pull this out in front of MS Developers.....

No comments: