Friday, August 14, 2009

I am a Mac

The last few months have seen my trusty T43p Thinkpad slow down and demand retirement. I have to say it was by far the best machine I have ever owned and it was my only computer for the first three years of my business. Sincere thanks to IBM.

I thus decided to buy a replacement, and after much deliberation (ask people who I worked with recently) I decided to buy a MacBook Pro. I bought the flagship 17 inch with almost all the upgrades (didn't shell out the extra grand for 8GB of RAM).

So far I am quite pleased with it. I am sticking with the pre-installed OS since it seems to be working quite well on the machine, and have managed to switch to the Mac world without too many issues. The only big one was that VMWare Fusion froze twice on me and killed two VPCs in the process. Two days of work gone == I am now using parallels. I am just about to embark on a new MOSS project and am curious how well this new setup will work. More in a few months.

No comments: