Thursday, November 29, 2007

Unacceptable

Way too long since I have posted anything and I have no excuse for it. My life has been following a routine for the last few months, not a bad one but it's time for a change. I've been working quite a bit lately, we are almost ready to release a new version of a website for a big Dutch company. Maybe as soon as tomorrow, I'll post about that. We built it using MOSS 2k7. The Web Content Management portion of MOSS still has a way to go before it is a breeze to get a professional site up using it, but it can be done and there are some cool features to the product. Some headaches too. :) I am hoping my client lets me post a case-study like document since I think there are a few things we did that can really help others out.

My weekends have been pleasantly spent with Melissa. We had said we wouldn't be one of those couples that does everything together. Nice theory but we don't like being apart for any longer than necessary. It works for us so why fight it?

I am still doing well with having quit smoking and although there are moments I feel like having a cigarette, I have learned to ignore them and I barely notice them anymore. Having a non-smoker gf is great motivation.

I am super pumped about a ski 'n snowboard trip I am planning with Mel, Syd and Astrid. Looks like we will be going to Soelden in Austria at the end of February. Two words: freeride, powder. Yeah baby!

I'm still learning how to (properly) ride a motorbike. I feel relativelly comfortable riding around Amsterdam at this point, it's the special manoevers that are tough. Doing a slalom at walking speed through cones 3m apart is tough on a 600cc honda. I am not a natural on the bike but I am making good progress and I am having fun so I don't really care if it takes a while before I have my license.

That's a brief excerpt of my life at the moment, I'll try to post more often.

No comments: