Monday, July 16, 2007

MS Commerce Server 2007 SP1 error

I've been building a VPC which includes MS Commerce Server 2007 as one of the components, and I ran into a bit of an issue today. I tried to install the Business User applications and got the following error:

Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Business User Applications requires version 6.0.3724.0 of Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Client Tools. Please uninstall any other version of the Client Tools and retry.

It didn't take me too long to figure out that this was because I had already installed SP1, and SP1 upgrades the client tools component. Lesson to learn here: Don't install SP1 until AFTER you've installed the Business User apps.

It seems that uninstalling SP1, installing the BU apps and re-installing SP1 seems to fix my issue for now.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I hope to be in Amsterdam sometime early next week - probably Sunday or Monday would be my first night. Shoot me your contact info at my hotmail address: mjvanatter@

Mike

Michael said...

Looking more like Wednesday-ish will be the day that I make it into Amsterdam. I've spent a bit more time near Mainz than I figured I would and haven't made it to Cologne yet - but I'm heading there tomorrow.