Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Canadian beer commercials



I finally got my apartment online today and so I thought I'd take advantage of my new broadband connection while I made dinner. I used to enjoy Toronto's Q107 radio so I put it on while making dinner. I have to say that Canadian radio is still much better than anything here in Holland by FAR.

So there I am enjoying listening to the Q when a beer commercial comes on. I realize a few things as the commercial progresses. You can advertise the shit out of Bud light and it will never touch the likes of any dutch beer. And, $20.99 or whatever the case of 18 beers is going for is soooo much more than the €8 case of 24 Grolsch or Heineken.

I'd say this moment summed up how I feel when someone asks 'Where do you like it better?'. Everywhere has it's upside and downside. Today I feel like I am cheating though since I am listening to Toronto radio AND having a cold Grolsch for dirt cheap.

Groetjes uit Amsterdam!

1 comment:

Nate said...

8 euro for a case of Grolsch? Sign me up!

And here I thought I was doing well buying my beer in Quebec. $21.00/case for national brands!