Monday, November 27, 2006

Countdown

I figured it was time for an update of the old blog. The last few months have been quite uneventful. I've been working on a BizTalk project in the Hague which has kept me pretty busy. I've got three weeks to go before the contract is over. I'm counting the days cause I've decided to take a bit of a break durring the winter. Last year I spent quite some time at my parents' cottage in the czech rep. and I want to do the same this year. I don't want another contract until march. I made good money this year and one of the reasons I went freelance is so I can take more time off. This means I'm getting the old snowboard ready for a busy season.
One other reason I want to take some time off is to do some thinking and planning. A friend put it really well recently: "it's really hard to figure out how not to work 9 to 5 when you have to work 9 to 5". I really want to try hiring someone next year and I want to go over the math in detail. I've also got a few pet projects I'd like to spend a bit of time on.
So for now I count the days and look forward to a good winter.

No comments: