Thursday, August 10, 2006

Surprise from Lenovo

This is interesting, I truly didn't suspect that Lenovo folks would read my blog. (See comment two posts back.)

I have to say that I've made my intial call to customer support and so far the experience has been fine. I was a little disappointed to learn that Lenovo can't fix a ThinkPad in the Netherlands but has to ship it to the UK thus adding a few days to the return time. I'm not sure why there isn't a repair center here in the Netherlands since I see folks with ThinkPads all the time and know there has to be enough work to keep at least one guy busy.

I now have to find time to get to a post office so I can send my laptop to a TNT distribution center in Amsterdam that then sends it on to the UK. Since the post office is open durring business hours and I work at a place that also operates durring business hours, I think I'll have to wait until Saturday to send my PC in. I'm really looking forward to mailing my $3000 computer. I'll have to package that sucker well. Let's see where this goes.

No comments: