Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What a week

This post is a bit delayed since I actually worked a 5 day week last week and wasn't in the mood to blog when I got home in the evening.

So I had Ryan over here for a week, and what a week it was. I think Ryan will at one point post a good entry about the week, but here are some of my favourite moments:

* Ryan:"Is that a urinal?" - Joe:"Yep, try it!" - Both pissing in the middle of the street.
* My Mom:"Is he going to kill himself?" - After Ryan's third 'morning smoke'.
* "Hi my name is Ryan!" as Ryan introduces himself to my Dad wearing the tight orange shirt he bought for Alex to wear on Queensday.
* "Tactical error.." - Ryan's experiment with amsterdam snacks.
* "If we pool our money, I know a guy that will give us a good deal on weed" - said about 100 times by this guy named Mike in the span of 30 minutes. That was incidentally the lenght of time it took us to meet and promptly ditch Mike. Hustling weed in Amsterdam just won't work...
* "What were we thinking, it's not like we're poor" - Ryan and Joe after spending the first night in the hostel.
* Ryan: "This is a weird place..." - commenting on the "opium den" in the hostel. No good photos online, I'll have to duck in there with Drew next week and get a pic. We spent a few hours in there chillin.

Suffice to say I had a good time but it took me a few days to recover from it. Drew is on his way here in a few days, but I have a feeling that will be more tame. Maybe not. His blog seems to indicate some heavy partying in the last little while.

1 comment:

Andy Locoweed said...

Fuck yeah we're going to the opium den!!!