Sunday, November 27, 2005

A week in Canada

Today I am flying back to New York after spending a week up in Canada. I was doing some MCMS training up here last week, so I got a chance to spend some time with friends that I still have here. The weather decided to remind me that I was in the great white north by dumping a whole lot of snow on us over the last few days. Most of my winter clothes are on their way across the Atlantic right now, so I didn't spend a whole lot of time outside. I was happy to see a lot of my friends before I move across the ocean. A few of them have said they'll come visit, but I'll believe that when I see it. Perhaps they'll surprise me.

Five days left before my flight to Amsterdam. I've got a few loose ends to tie up, but overall I think all is in order. As much as I like the idea of moving somewhere else and starting new things, I am growing tired of all the hassle that is involved with it. I am particularly annoyed that I have to close all my bank accounts and open new ones in Europe. I wish there was a truly global bank where I could keep all my finances regardless of where I am living.

No comments: