Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"Can you help me with my computer?"

All professions have their downsides. Today I had a reminder of one of the not so fun things about being an IT professional. Way too many people have this idea that since I know things about computers, they can call me when their crappy desktop is doing something they don't understand. Little do they realize that perhaps I have enough of this at work, and I would rather be doing something else. I'm not going to go on a rant here, but I will leave you with one thought.

If your friend was a professional chef, would you feel comfortable calling him and saying: "Hey man, I hear you know about cooking and stuff. Can you come over to my place and cook me dinner?" I dare you to try that one. (Ryan is excluded from this exercise cause I know you could pull it off with the neighbour).

No comments: